I assumed this new style will beat my old/traditional way of the whole cab experience, but HELL NO!
- Booking beforehand
- Apps:You cannot book the app based cabs beforehand. One service allows, but only 0000 to 0700 hrs ? That’s superb customer service, Their systems maybe do not take peak hour requests!
- My Way: Go ahead and book the cab even two weeks ahead and the cab will be right there for your need!
- The day of the booking
- Apps: You forget about your last minute travels plannings, instead dedicate one human to constantly check for cab availability.
- My Way:No problemo sire! We’ll be there and we’ll also carry your luggage from your house to the cab!
- At the 11th Hour of the booking
- Apps: Hope you get through “ride now” option! And if you cancel, you are logged out of making any further bookings! Grr!
- My Way: We will be there in exactly 10 minutes! Unfailingly!! (beat this experience!)
- The cab is there — where?
- Apps: I am standing here, where are you (happens atleast 2 times) + Sir I thought booking was for 1130 hrs, you are coming after half hour, please cancel your request + Sir, you please cancel as you are not coming + Once I had this cab driver run away,with the cab, right infront of my eyes! That was so sorry look on my face!
- My Way: The cab is visible right infront of your gallery!(Beat that! again? anyone??)
- The ride begins
- Apps: Sir, which route?. Hope you know where to go. We’ll ask someone there.(spend 15 minutes searching and asking everyone around)
- My Way:Sit back, relax, sleep, They tell me when the spot is reached!(They use their phone for reaching the destination! -Ain’t that smart!)
- Post-The-Ride :: Tu Kaun?
- Apps: me:Thank you for not abducting me and extorting money!
- My Way: me:Thank you for taking care of my traveling woes!
Although “My Way” is 2x cost wise, but other comforts are simply not comparable! I can quote 10 more other problems with the apps. It’s still not my preferred way of traveling!
Driving dislikes me! I am interested to reach my destination with least hiccups!
I’ll post a follow-up with the state of self driving cars!